In today’s world, it’s no longer a question of if you’ll be attacked by hackers, but rather when. With this rise in cyberattacks, it is easy to see why there has also been a rise in cybersecurity solutions. Since most of the world’s business data are within SAP applications, SAP cyber security has become a top priority in recent years as it can result in data loss and monetary loss for an organization.
Why do I need SAP cybersecurity?
SAP cybersecurity is a range of security measures protecting SAP systems. These measures guard all aspects encompassed within the systems like user access controls and authentication protocols, network security details, security monitoring, and even encrypted data. Moreover, SAP cybersecurity may also include finding and mitigating security vulnerabilities, installing security patches, identifying unsafe coding practices, and improving access controls. To protect SAP systems from multiple cyber threats, a good SAP security strategy and a good security posture are essential:
- Sensitive data protection – As SAP systems carry a lot of business-critical information like client lists, financial information, inventory lists, etc., it is simple to see how a data breach, or a lack of proper security measures can lead to the theft of this critical data.
- Regulation compliance – By having a proper SAP cybersecurity strategy, you can ensure your organization stays compliant with all regulations, like HIPAA and GDPR, and avoid fines.
- Protection against malware – SAP systems can be vulnerable to malware attacks. Organizations can remain safe from malware attacks and avoid business disruptions by having a good security posture and implementing cybersecurity measures.
- Economic loss protection – If your systems get compromised for not having a proper cybersecurity strategy, you can gain a bad reputation in your industry and generate monetary loss through remediation costs, legal fees, regulatory fines, etc.
How to establish SAP cybersecurity
Establishing and developing an efficient SAP cybersecurity is a process that requires a team effort, technical tools, and best practices. To kickstart your road toward a safe SAP ecosystem, we recommend the following steps:
- Assess your risks – Identify potential vulnerabilities in your SAP systems and select the measures and tools you might need depending on the risk level and specific requirements.
- Keep your systems updated – Ensure you are constantly updating your systems with the latest patches and updates and mitigating vulnerabilities.
- Monitor for threats – Enforce an SAP security monitoring system or tool. Make sure this tool can detect in real-time all threats in your landscape. Want to learn more about threat detection for SAP? Check this page.
- Conduct employee training – Make sure you train your employees in the most up–to–date best practices and tools to protect your SAP ecosystems.
- Run an audit – Identify potential vulnerabilities and ensure their mitigation on time.
- Consider third-party solutions – For closing feature gaps in the SAP standard security andd for proper integration of the various security topics, third-party solutions can be a good choice, like our SecurityBridge platform for SAP, which is 100% integrated within the SAP.
These are just some steps you can take to ensure your organization has the most relevant and secure SAP cybersecurity strategy and systems.
What are common threats to SAP systems?
Some of the most common threats to SAP systems are phishing attacks, malware, internal attacks, unpatched vulnerabilities, and others.
Why should I establish a good SAP cybersecurity?
By establishing good SAP cybersecurity, you are ensuring your business-critical data is safe. A breach will mean that you will suffer reputational damage and monetary loss.
What are the best practices to establish good SAP cybersecurity?
Some of the best practices are constantly running updates, keeping up with the latest patches, mitigating vulnerabilities, creating authorization access controls, and training your employees to ensure they follow the best security measures.
How to implement a holistic SAP cybersecurity strategy?
Designed to give you real time intelligence about suspicious activity in your systems, our SAP cybersecurity solution can take out hackers and malicious behavior before any harm is done.